Nevada FFA Competitive Event Information
State Specific Policies and Procedures
View the Nevada FFA State Policies and Procedures for specific rules regarding:
- General Rules
- Rules Concerning All Career and Leadership Development Events (CDE or LDE)
- Student Conduct & Dress Code
- State level only competitive events
- Awards & National Contest Representation
- Policies & Procedures Rule Change information
- State Assoc. Zones
CDE/LDE Rules and Regulations
All State Career and Leadership Development Events follow National FFA rules at www.ffa.org. View the Nevada FFA State Policies and Procedures for additional information on state level activities.
The following links provide specific information for national/regional events not facilitated by National FFA.
Competitive Event Information for State Convention
Competitive Event Announcements and Materials
View specific event announcements, study materials, and past event information in the Nevada FFA shared folders on Google Drive.
Any documents relevant to preparations for the upcoming Career and Leadership Development events (CDE or LDE) happening at the Nevada FFA Convention are included in these folders. Additional materials are found in each CDE or LDE handbook available on www.ffa.org.
Materials Due Prior to State FFA Convention
A number of events below require that information be submitted prior to the start of FFA convention. Please review the information below and make note of those events.
Almost all items are required to be submitted electronically via www.judgingcard.com. Those few items requiring a physical submission should be sent to the following address by the postmark date listed:
Nevada Department of Agriculture
Attn: Amber Smyer
405 S. 21st ST
Sparks, NV 89431
Due by/at Winter Leadership Training:
- Proficiency Award application (application only, no record books) - paper submission onsite
- State FFA Degree application - paper submission onsite
- Scholarship application - electronic submission AND one paper copy submitted onsite for sifting
Due three weeks before the first day of state FFA convention:
- Convention registration
- Agriscience Fair application and report
- Competitive Event information as outlined on the "Competitive Event Announcements" in the shared folders
- State FFA Officer Candidate application
- Star Greenhand, Zone and State application
- Honorary State FFA Degree nomination
- Star Administrator nomination
- Superior and National Chapter applications
- Proposed state delegate issues
- DO NOT fill it out in pen.
- Name on the certificate is the name on the scantron, unless the name does not fit.
- No name or chapter number= No score
- View scantron examples on www.judgingcard.com or www.ffa.org.
Contest Areas and Test Room Etiquette
Advisors and coaches (unless they are the CDE chair) are not allowed in competitive event areas and the Testing Room unless you have previously been given permission to help run the competition. If you are seen in the area, your team will be disqualified with no warnings or exceptions. If you need to get a student from one of these areas, talk to the event facilitator.